Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lisa: Progress so far...

Ok, I've finished posts of 17 Booker Prize winners: all 15 Bookers I'd read and journalled prior to joining this Challenge, and 2 that I read in 2008, In a Free State and Rites of Passage. Posts from me are going to slow down from now on!

Of the 24 titles remaining, I have 10 on my TBR: The Elected Member; G; The Conservationist; Saville; Offshore; The Remains of the Day; The Famished Road; The English Patient; True History of the Kelly Gang; and The Inheritance of Loss. I think I might start with The Elected Member and fill in gaps chronologically from there onward.

There are 5 to acquire from somewhere: Midnight's Children; The Old Devils; How Late it Was, How Late; The Gathering; and The White Tiger. I'd like to buy these as First Editions, to add to my collection.

And then I shall decide what to do about the remaining 8 that I have read but not journalled, mostly because I read them before I started keeping a reading journal in 1997. (Sometimes I finish reading a book late at night, start another, and forget to journal the finished one. This, I think is what happened with Disgrace which I read in 1999, and with The Line of Beauty in 2004.) Will I re-read them? Maybe... there's a few others on my TBR to deal with!

Lisa Hill, ANZ LitLovers, 9.1.2009

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, thank you for all the excellent reviews you have posted here. Your reading journal must be an amazing sight to behold!

    I'm looking forward to more of your thoughtful, well-written reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos, not to mention the thorough reviews! I did a double-take because your shelves look a lot like mine. Books and Bookers everywhere.

    ReplyDelete