Monday, June 30, 2008

Another BookerAward winner read

I've just now finished "Oscar and Lucinda," and that makes 12 Booker Award winners that I've read so far.

I enjoyed Peter Carey's book immensely and read with interest several reviews of it that have been posted to this blog in recent months.

I see "Oscar and Lucinda" was one of the Booker winners included in the "Best of the Bookers" competition, and it will be interesting to see which one the judges select -- although the "word" is that Rushdie's "Midnight's Children" is the favorite. "Midnight's Children" is on my list of Booker Winners I hope to read during 2008.

I would repeat that it's also greatly worthwhile also to read the other books that each year get placed on the short-list -- many of them, in my opinion, are even better than the book the judges felt deserved the prize. I would point to "Cloud Atlas" and "The Master" as examples.


MEL

No comments:

Post a Comment