This is the perfect challenge for me, ensuring that my ongoing quest to read all the Man Booker winners doesn't drown in a sea of challenges.
This year I’ll be participating at the Pick-a-Mix of Six level, reading 6 winners.
1. The Ghost Road – Pat Barker
2. The True History of the Kelly Gang – Peter Carey
3. Disgrace – J.M. Coetzee
4. Life and Times of Michael K – J.M. Coetzee. I’ve been kind of avoiding Coetzee, and I’m not sure why. This year, it's a double shot instead.
5. Wolf Hall – Hilary Mantel. I substituted another book for this one in December last year, because it is a long book and I was afraid I would bog down in it and not meet my challenge goal. So I am considering starting with it this year, just to be sure I get it done.
6. Vernon God Little – D.C.B. Pierre. This one came off the list at the 11th hour last year, too. I am not looking forward to it, based on the subject matter (a school shooting), but would like to get it over with.
For a slightly different take on this challenge, visit my blog here.
Happy reading, everyone!