Tuesday, July 27, 2010

2010 Longlist Announced

The 2010 "Man Booker Dozen" was announced today.
  • Peter Carey Parrot and Olivier in Americ
  • Emma Donoghue Room 
  • Helen Dunmore The Betrayal
  • Damon Galgut In a Strange Room
  • Howard Jacobson The Finkler Question
  • Andrea Levy The Long Song  
  • Tom McCarthy
  • David Mitchell The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet  
  • Lisa Moore February
  • Paul Murray Skippy Dies
  • Rose Tremain Trespass
  • Christos Tsiolkas The Slap
  • Alan Warner The Stars in the Bright Sky 
Have you read any of these books?  Tell us what you thought!  And if you've written a review, please cross-post it here, or comment on this post with a link.

3 comments:

  1. If you're interested, The Omnivore has rounded up the press reviews for all the longlisted books, bringing you a critical digest of quotes from UK and US newspapers and literary journals.

    Read our roundups here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I've only read one and that is The Slap by Christos. I think it is a book that rouses deep emotions. It's not an easy read by any stretch of the imagination and I did sometimes feel that I was reading about an alien race sometimes - who are these people??? - and yet, they are my people - warts and all. I reviewed it on librarything last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the Slap too and agree with what Luvvie said. I'm yet to blog my review on it though, and am reading Room at the moment, which I've given my initial thoughts on over at my blog www.bookerbites.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete