Friday, January 1, 2010

Laura's 2010 Goals & Progress

The Booker Prize is one of my favorite literary prizes.  I've been hosting  The Complete Booker since 2007 to encourage others to join me in reading works by these great authors. In 2009, I achieved my goal of reading 12, including the 2009 winner.  And now, there are only 10 remaining winners left for me to read.  My goal is in sight!  However, it's going to be more difficult to achieve because 1) I've been putting off some of the books that I think I won't like, and 2) some of the older titles are hard to find.  Still, it will be fun trying ... and once I've read as many winners as possible I will pay more attention to the shortlists!

In 2010 I'm also participating in The Complete Booker 2010 Challenge.  I'm joining at the Winners Circle level, which requires reading at least 6 winners.

The rest of my Booker Winners "TBR" list (links to reviews will be posted as read):
2010 - The Finkler Question (Jacobson) - review
1995 - The Ghost Road (Barker) - review
1994 - How Late it Was, How Late (Kelman) - review
1991 - The Famished Road (Okri) - review
1986 - The Old Devils (Amis) - review
1983 - Life & Times of Michael K (Coetzee) - review
1974 - Holiday (Middleton) - review
1972 - G. (Berger) - review
1970 - The Elected Member (Rubens) - review
1970 - Troubles (Farrell) - 2010 "Lost Booker Prize" - review
1969 - Something to Answer For (Newby)- review

A complete set of my Booker Prize winner reviews can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment