Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bianca Winter - introduction

Hello

In July 2009 I challenged myself to read the Man Booker longlist before the announcement of the shortlist. Yesterday I did a bit of googling to see if anybody else was attempting such a crazy feat, and I found a kindred spirit, whose blog had been commented on by a contributor here. So here I am, really interested in the slightly less crazy task of reading Man Booker winners at a more comfortable pace!

I've read some of the previous winners, and will endeavour to post reviews of these books once the Man Booker shortlist has been announced. In the meantime, I'll be offering rough thoughts on longlisted books through audio files on my own blog.

I've already read:
2008 - The White Tiger (Adiga)
2003 - Vernon God Little (Pierre)
2002 - Life of Pi (Martel)
1996 - Last Orders (Swift)
1981 - Midnight's Children (Rushdie)

I'm really looking forward to discussing the winners with the participants in this project. Happy reading all!

3 comments:

  1. interesting feat. good try. i am only trying to read some of the english books on Africa's top 100 book list (fiction).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard your reviews, now I'm looking forward to read Brooklyn! (I mean, even more than before)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the challenge, Bianca! I'm looking forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete