Thursday, November 27, 2008

Completed 2008 Man Booker Challenge (Jill)

Whew, so glad I was able to finish my personal challenge to read eight Booker Prize books this year. Here's what I read:

1. 2007 The Gathering by Anne Endwright (winner) (review)
2. 2007 The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid (short list)
(review)
3. 2006 The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai (winner) (review)
4. 2001 Atonement by Ian McEwan (short list) (review)
5. 1998 Amsterdam by Ian McEwan (winner)
(review)
6. 1992 The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje (winner) (review)
7. 1989 The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro (winner) (review)
8. 1990 Possession by A.S. Byatt (winner) (review)

This was a hit-or-miss list of books for me. Some books I loved - Amsterdam and Atonement namely - and others I was underwhelmed (The Inheritance of Loss and The English Patient).

But I am most proud of finishing my challenge! Bookers will definitely grace my 2009 TBR list.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment