Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Terri - intro

Hello everyone! I just joined up with the Booker challenge today. Of all the myriad challenges out there, it has the most books that interest me. I've read just three of the winners: Hotel du Lac, Moon Tiger and The Life of Pi. I've read quite a few of those on the shortlists : Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont, Quartet in Autumn, A Month in the Country, The Handmaid’s Tale, Cat’s Eye, The Stone Diaries, Alias Grace, Fingersmith. A surprising number of the winners are on my to-be-read shelf (or as some of us call it, Mount TBR).

My goal is to eventually read all the winners (even though there are a few of them I'm sort of dreading). I'm also going to choose liberally from the shortlists. Some great looking reads there.

In the next six months, I plan to read:
The Bone People
Oscar and Lucinda
The Remains of the Day
Possession
The Blind Assassin
The Inheritance of Loss

Happy to be here - thanks, Laura, for welcoming me.

Terri

3 comments:

  1. Welcome, welcome Terri!!! So happy to see you here :)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, welcome! I am new here too...we'd best be reading, huh? this will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The three you've read so far are three of my favorites. In fact, I read Hotel du Lac twice, and I dontt usually read books more than once.

    I just signed up and will post soon. I look forward to tracking your progress.

    ReplyDelete