Saturday, January 26, 2008

J's Booker Challenge

Hi everyone, I'm J, and my blog is called Thinking About...it's not a book blog, by any means, though for the last year, I have really enjoyed getting involved in book challenges, because they kind of force me to read something I might otherwise keep putting off. I joined the Booker Challenge over at Dewey's blog, and was invited to come over here as well. I'm not sure if I'll ever read all of the Booker winners, but I'll read at least 6 over the next 12 months, and I'll post reviews of them here. I've read a few before, and I'll post reviews of those here as well. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here...thanks for including me!

Here is my list of books for the challenge.

Possession, by A.S. Byatt

The Inheritance of Loss, by Kiran Desai. I'm also reading this for the Book Awards Reading Challenge.

Purple Hibiscus, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. I read her newer book, Half of a Yellow Sun, and I LOVED it, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Atonement, by Ian McEwan. This one is also for the Book Awards Reading Challenge. I've been avoiding seeing the movie until I read this, but it's been hard, because I've heard such wonderful things about the film.

The Amber Spyglass, by Philip Pullman. This is the third installment in the His Dark Materials trilogy. I've read The Golden Compass already, so now I'll have to read The Subtle Knife, and then I can get to this one. So maybe the fact that I have to read two books for one challenge makes up for Atonement and Inheritance of Loss? No?

The Gathering, by Anne Enright

No comments:

Post a Comment