Saturday, December 8, 2007

Man Booker Challenge/Complete Booker - Jill's Selections

I really wanted to read more Booker Prize Winners in 2008. I already joined this challenge earlier this year. Now, Dewey is hosting the Man Booker Challenge, which requires us to pick six books that have won the Booker Prize or appeared on the prize's long or short list. Can you say two for the price of one?

Here are my seven selections for the Man Booker Challenge - of which five are doubling as selections for The Complete Booker:

1. 2007 The Gathering by Anne Endwright (winner)
2. 2007 The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid (short list)
3. 2006 The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai (winner)
4. 2001 Atonement by Ian McEwan (short list)
5. 1998 Amsterdam by Ian McEwan (winner)
6. 1992 The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje (winner)
7. 1989 The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro (winner)

I will leave it at seven for now, but I reserve the right to add more!

And hey, how do I get a real shirt like that?!?! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment