Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Laura's Progress - Booker Shortlists read in 2007 or before

I became a Booker Prize devotee when I lived in England from 2000-2004. The short- and long-lists were a primary source for my TBR pile. I really enjoyed becoming acquainted with a number of excellent authors, and have continued to follow the prize every year. Reviews are available for the three that I read in 2007:

2007

  • The Reluctant Fundamentalist, by Mohsin Hamid - review
2005

  • Arthur & George, by Julian Barnes - review
  • Never Let me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro - review
  • On Beauty, by Zadie Smith

2004

  • Cloud Atlas, by David Mitchell - review
2003

  • Notes on a Scandal, by Zoe Heller
  • Brick Lane, by Monica Ali
2002

  • Story of Lucy Gault, by William Trevor
  • Unless, by Carol Shields
2001

  • The Dark Room, by Rachel Seiffert
  • Atonement, by Ian MacEwan
2000

  • The Hiding Place, by Trezzo Azzopardi
  • When we Were Orphans, by Kazuo Ishiguro
  • English Passengers, by Matthew Kneale
1993

  • The Stone Diaries, by Carol Shields

No comments:

Post a Comment